The Maverick® tire changing machine is proudly made in the USA using the highest-quality materials sourced domestically and internationally.
Hunter Maverick® Tire Changing Machine
Change the way you change tires
Maverick® Tire Changer
Maverick® technician-focused tire changing machine
Fully variable controls give the technician complete authority in the tire changing process
Uniquely designed SmartSet™ toolhead is easy to use
Hydraulic speed and accuracy are the best in the business
Smart safety features protect the wheel, tire and technician
InflationStation™ fills tires quickly to correct pressure
Designed and built in the USA using the finest US and global materials
Hunter’s new Maverick® designed to give techs complete control
Reflecting user feedback, the Maverick® is designed for technicians who are serious about tire changing. Built proudly in Mississippi, Hunter’s new tire changer really sets the wheels in motion by combining the convenience of hydraulic movement with the speed and responsiveness of manual operation.
The Maverick® Tire Changer: Standard operation
See a demonstration of Maverick®’s demounting and mounting functions, use the joystick control, and hands-free walkaway inflation with InflationStation™.
The Maverick® Tire Changer: Advanced clamping operation
Watch the advanced operation techniques for effectively clamping and mounting large reverse drop center and 19.5-inch large-bore assemblies.
Designed & Built in the USA
Hunter designs and manufactures industry-leading service equipment right here in the USA.
Fully Variable Controls
Gain complete authority in the tire changing process
Technician-focused, responsive controls
- Fine-control or fast on-demand
- Hydraulic precision easier than air controls
- Ergonomic for all-day use
- Excellent tactile feedback — one-finger control for all functions
Articulating leverless system
Tool head simultaneously adjusts with base to the wheel size
Unique toolhead design focuses on efficiency and safety
SmartSet™ leverless advantages
- Indicator notch shows proper set height
- Demounting hook deploys to catch and lift bead
- Eliminate lever damage risk to the operator or rim
- Safely and easily service clad and raised spoke wheels
Set the toolhead to the correct position. SmartSet™ indicator notch shows proper set height.
2. Lower Hook
With the mounthead properly set, the demounting hook lowers to catch the bead.
3. Raise Hook
The hook raises, lifting the bead above the rim for demounting.
Give your technicians full control of the tire changing process.
Built-in features protect the wheel, tire and technician
Intelligent safety and productivity
- Monitors roller and hook positions to prevent unintended wheel contact
- Logic automatically “homes” rollers, head, and wheel lift for hands-free productivity
- Allows customization of travel and rotate speeds, ramp rate, and more
RollerLock™ clampSafe & quick
- Ball bearing threads clamp quickly and tightly
- Lever handles multiply clamping force
- Smooth surface prevents center bore damage
Bead press armPowerful assistance
- Simple joystick control
- Handles the toughest tires
- Arm rotates with wheel
- Lifting ledge allows pusher to be used as a bead lifter
Hydraulic powerFull control & power
- 0-17 RPM fully variable speed forward and reverse rotation provides fast cycle times
- Each tool can be moved quickly or slowly and held as needed
- No erratic movement when loaded and unloaded
Underside mirrorAccessible viewing
- Correctly position bottom roller
- Fixed location never needs adjustment
- Lifts the heaviest assemblies with ease
- Auto-lowering saves time and prevents damage
- Configurable pedal operation
Flange plate kitOptional
- Ideal for plastic clad wheels or reverse wheels
- Offers maximum protection
Inflate all tires to their correct pressure
Automatic mode quickly fills tires to desired pressure, allowing technicians to walk away while inflating
Adjust pressure settings to specify the correct air pressure
Blast inflation directs a large blast of air for tough bead seating
Match-mount tires when paired with a balancer
The Maverick® tire changer’s bead rollers allow spinning of the tire on the rim, helping match-mount the stiffest point on the tire to the low spot on the rim.
When used with Hunter’s Road Force® Elite wheel balancer, the Maverick® quickly and easily helps eliminate vibration problems balancers alone can’t fix.
Set the wheels in motion — schedule your free on-site demonstration today.
Optional HunterNet® 2 Connectivity
Take control of your equipment, numbers, and profitability
Equipment intelligence tools help you manage your business and profits in real time
- Maximize your shop's performance
- Monitor your equipment ROI
- Buy genuine Hunter consumables
- View real-time equipment activity
Easy consumable ordering
Replenish genuine Hunter consumable parts at your convenience.
Monitor your ROI
See your equipment payback in real time.
View your performance
Set goals and see how your business performs day-to-day.
Recall tire change results
Every tire change result is logged with service time, wheel dimensions, images, and tire pressure.
Receive daily reports
Setup to receive daily Push Reports to keep your goals and performance in check.
Track your profits and potential amount if all needed services were sold.
Your local Hunter service representative can answer questions, help with equipment operation and provide on-site training.
See how other technicians take control of tire changing
Sign up for local hands-on and classroom learning with a Hunter ASE-certified trainer to help you learn new skills or develop old ones. View course offerings near you
Hunter's 3-Year Warranty
We stand beside our equipment and your purchase.
Growth of Difficult Tire and Wheel FitmentsIndustry Insight
Expert assembly goes into each alignment system, alignment console, tire changer, balancer, brake lathe and other components.
Road Force® EliteWheel Balancer
The world's fastest diagnostic wheel balancer; providing a faster balance than any traditional balancer.
Hundreds of patented and exclusive features begin with the research and development team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers.